Patented, Intelligent Power Systems (IPS)™ with Solid-State Energy Storage / Management Solutions for Mission Critical Facilities
From hospitals and medical centers to national data center hubs, The Crossover™ IPS is beneficial for a variety of industries that need to protect their mission-critical areas and applications.
- Works in conjunction with an emergency backup generator to offer ultra-reliable, intelligent power in a seamless transition from loss of utility power to generator power.
- Allows for full charge voltage recovery within 30 seconds after power loss and generator start up
- Current technology is battery based, while ION technology is Ultracapacitor based. This ultimately means greater energy with a smaller environmental footprint (cost savings)
- Blocks power surges incoming from the utility, as well as blocks noise and harmonics from going out and damaging sensitive machines and/or data storage computers
- Results in a filtered 50/60 Hz, 3-phase, 480 VAC waveform, which can be used to power the entire facility or specific areas therein.
- Standard IPS also provides detailed power flow data
What Sets The Crossover™ IPS Apart?
Series Connection With Facility
- Most UPS systems are connected in parallel with the facility
- The ION Energy IPS is connected in series with the facility, allowing for a transfer switch-less solution for uninterrupted power
- System will act as a full-size power surge suppressor
Ultracapacitor-Based Energy Storage
- System utilizes banks of ultracapacitors rather than lead-acid batteries to store energy
- Ultracapacitors are charged within seconds/minutes, with consistent repeatability, allowing for greater reliability, longer life and increased space-saving
- System eliminates peak power demands by rapidly releasing power as needed from the ION Vault® ultra capacitors. This will provide cost savings, as power companies charge extra for peak demands.
Ideal for Mission-Critical Applications
Mission critical applications requiring absolute ongoing power – ensuring the client experiences no down time for businesses including but not limited to:
- Data Centers
- Medical Diagnostic Centers
- Financial Institutions
- Large School Districts
- Energy Utilities Companies
- Manufacturing Companies